This Video discusses the countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea along with important water bodies of the region.
List of Countries – Capitals
- Israel – Jerusalem / Tel Aviv
- Lebanon – Beirut
- Syria – Damascus
- Turkey – Ankara
- Greece – Athens
- Italy – Rome
- France – Paris
- Spain – Madrid
- Morocco – Rabat
- Algeria – Algiers
- Tunisia – Tunis
- Libya – Tripoli
- Egypt – Cairo
Important Water bodies of the Region
- Aegen Sea – between Greece & Turkey.
- The Black Sea is connected to the Sea of Marmara through the Strait of Bosporus.
- The Sea of Marmara is connected to the Aegen Sea through the Strait of Dardanelles.
- Ionian Sea – between Italy & Greece
- Adriatic Sea – between Italy & Croatia
- Tyrrhenian Sea – besides Italy
- Ligurian Sea – besides Italy & Spain
- Strait of Gibraltar – Divides Europe from Africa & is the entry point into the Mediterranean Sea from the Atlantic Ocean.
- Bay of Biscay – besides France & Spain (although not part of the Mediterranean Sea, but is worth mentioning)